Saturday, January 21, 2012

Fuschia + Aubergine: Canvas Decor

canvas wall art from target
Emma Stone's fabulous Lanvin gown at the Golden Globes is so inspiring I've been looking all over for that color combo. Word is the colors were much richer in person than they appeared on film (this from Kelly Osborne on E!'s "Fashion Police.) I can believe it! Turns out, I didn't have to look very far for more. Not only do I have the Moroccan patterned wall-hanging above, but also the pink boxes below from IKEA. Sadly, I never got the purple ones. Kept putting it off and they were discontinued. Too bad, the pink is a searing shade, both incredibly bright and incredibly saturated. The deep dark purple was the perfect companion to ground that sophisticated pink.

('Fuschia + Aubergine' is a mini-series I'll be doing until this fever burns out.)

IKEA strikt canvas boxes in hot pink and deep purple (discontinued)
file size; so tidy for spare linens

No comments: