Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Chez Moi: Curtains on the Wall

color texture pattern: curtains for any season
Last weekend I decided try something new: putting curtains up in the corner behind my bed. Some years back I tried this with some diaphanous sheers from Spiegel website. It was okay, but the curtains really only worked with the matching sari coverlet. I sold them off. This time I was longing to put an amethyst sheer up on the wall instead (really wish to paint the whole apartment this color).


On a whim, I decided to put up a wool panel along with it. Love it!:


It seemed like a homerun. 'Til the tension rod fell down. Oy! I think I must have yanked on them when I pushed the bed back and put the pillows on it. Had to get the ladder again and climb back up... It occurred to me to try a few other combos while I had the ladder out:


Why not berry for Autumn? I've had these IKEA drapes folded away for a few years. They discontinued the shade, but not before I managed to get four 118-inch panels (to frame the bay windows)! The shimmer is delicious...

And then I tried some IKEA sheers in the same color. Don't like the way the tab back and rod pocket lay together:


So, then I tried the wool and the faux-silk together. Interesting textural mix: matte + shimmer:


I've decided to leave this for the time being. See how it feels walking into the room for a few days. The first, with the amethyst panel, makes me the most comfortable, but it feels like berry is a better choice for right now. Amethyst can wait till full winter. 

Thoughts? 

3 comments:

Peggy said...

The amethyst is gorgeous! I'd like to see a picture with your bed, pillows and the curtains. Great idea, by the way.

belledame said...

it fell down again and i gave it up until i'm in the mood to figure out to keep it from happening. thought the tension rod was stiff enough, but apparently not.

Steve Smith said...

Excellent post. I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work…
pillow covers