Monday, February 11, 2013

Chez Moi: Moroccan Patterns


It started with the latest issue of Adore Home magazine. As soon as I saw the image above, I was inspired to dig out my own Moroccan-patterned bedding. Both of these duvets came from the now defunct Brocade Home.


All I wanted were the pillow shams in purple, but they were sold out. Somehow after two trips to their old store in the Limelight, I would up with a purple duvet cover in full/queen and an orange ("butternut") duvet and shams in twin. Still can't figure out whether to keep them or sell them. 


And then I was on eBay and discovered a short-lived IKEA line that passed me by last year: Natvide. Eastern-inspired and sold the heck out. But it features this shape that I'm obsessed with. The black seemed kind of heavy for my place, but it was worth the risk:


I was right! When it showed up the duvet cover looked like a real winner, blending right in with my other bedding. 


seems busy at first, but pattern is large and the colors are so sweet they lift up the black

And, even better, this goes great with the Moroccan duvets. What to keep? What to get rid of? What to do?!


That butternut seems dull but it blends surprisingly well with brighter colors. Oh, what to do?

7 comments:

Peggy said...

That is gorgeous fabric! It's a good thing I don't sew (and I'm not learning)because I would be buried in pillows. I would make pillows out of drapes, t-shirts, scarves, etc....

I love that first photo. I adore the hot pink blanket with the gold pillow. Pink and metallics are hot!

belledame said...

i wonder if pink/metallics is a new trend. it's certainly feminine. that apartment is layered but simple at the same time. there really isn't much in the room, but it's visually interesting.

at this point i'm leaning toward keeping everything (big surprise). acute magpie syndrome.

Anonymous said...

I have been searching for the Ikea full/queen bedding that you have in your pictures. It is the black background with the red print. Is there any possibility you purchased more than one? Please email me at tlmccleary1@comcast.net

belledame said...

sorry. i only bought one. check ebay. that's where i got mine.

Anonymous said...

I have been searching for a light orange/white duvet in twin size. Is there any chance you won't be using that one? I will gladly purchase it from you. Please email me at lcastle@ymail.com if so. Thanks so much!!!!

Kelly said...

If you do want to sell the purple duvet and shams, I'll gladly take them off your hands. I found the set online but can't buy because I guess brocade has closed...
It's perfect for my new master in my new house! Oh please, please, please?!?!?!

Kelly said...

Here's my email address: kelly_s_harrison@hotmail.com