Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pink and Orange Bedding

slip into spring with a little exotica
It's official: I have a weakness for bedding that may require some rehab. After the recent IKEA acquisition, I took a good look at the new Bar III line at Macy's. Like the Style & co. line before it, Bar III has some real lookers in it's catalog. And of course that led to a store visit to handle the goods in person. 

light and feminine reversible bedding

There's certainly much to love. A henna pattern in pink orange and red with a flipside pattern of diamond ikat in the same colors. The coordinating sheets are a jewel pattern of pink, orange, red and turquoise. Those are actually a bit too sweet for me. Maybe one color too many in the mix. (Shocker!) And those flanged orange henna shams have the ikat pattern on the flipside too. Tempting!


During this recon I also discovered a beauty which speaks for itself, "Preppy Ikat" from Tommy Hilfiger, which has matching curtains available.


just as amazing in person

Oh, and I noticed a Manuel Canovas bedding collection on sale at Gracious Home: Amita is above and beyond. Vibrant colors, palampour paisley on one side and a scalloped petal print on the other. Too rich for my blood, but...where there's a will...


petals and palampour, it's like they know me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, thank you! This post is incredibly helpful. I'm searching for a bedspread set for my dorm room and fell in love with this one. All of your pictures help me see it better. I think it's the one!

belledame said...

i'm not sure which set you chose, but i bought the first one. just couldn't help myself.